Streams Tech is a next-generation global IT and Software development company striving to excel in client satisfaction. We are experts in Geographic information systems, Monitoring and Evaluation software, Business Intelligence, and Decision support software.
Streams Tech is seeking an experienced and skilled WordPress developer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in WordPress development, proficiency in managing cPanel, and expert-level custom coding skills as well as a deep understanding of security principles and best practices. He/she will be responsible for managing and securing WP websites, customizing designs and functionality, building landing pages, and ensuring optimal website performance. You will be responsible for back-end development including the implementation of WP themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates, you will also be responsible for the security of the websites and implement the best practice to maintain the security of the custom theme. To ensure success as a WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of PHP, a back-end programming language, and strong content management skills.
- Develops high-performing and scalable custom WP themes from scratch or modify existing themes to meet specific requirements of the company.
- Building custom WordPress plugins to add new features and functionality to a website.
- Designing and managing the website back-end, including database and server integration. Writing code using PHP to handle various aspects of WP functionality.
- Working with PHP and MySQL to handle server-side operations.
- Install WP Plugins to extend the functionality in WP to perform site-specific functions like contact forms, gallery and any needed functionality that is outside of WP core software.
- Conduct security audits and vulnerability assessments to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities in website code, configuration and infrastructure.
- Develop, performance tests, and troubleshoot across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, to support a consistent and positive customer experience.
- Implementing security measures to protect WP websites from potential vulnerabilities and hacks.
- Implementing SEO best practices to improve the website’s search engine visibility and ranking.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Develop and maintain documentation outlining security protocols, guidelines, and procedures for the team to follow.
- Collaborate with the design team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
- Communicate security-level issues, risks and recommendations to stakeholders, providing timely updates.
BSc in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent degree
- Proven experience working as a WordPress PHP developer, with a strong focus on security
- Experienced in development with PHP and WordPress
- Experience with security auditing, vulnerability assessments, and security code reviews
- Database knowledge in MySQL and Server
- Familiar with WordPress security plugins, server hardening, and web application firewalls
- Stay updated with the latest security vulnerabilities, threats, and industry best practices, and proactively apply these learnings to enhance the security of our site.
- Should have a working knowledge of responsive web development
- Have experience in custom theme development
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX.
- Ability to convert PSD/Figma design to WordPress theme.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality work
- Having good English language proficiency
Compensation and other benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Lunch facilities – fully subsidize
- Two yearly bonuses
- Salary review – Yearly
- We count all public holidays
31 August, 2023
Expected date of commencement of service
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview. Therefore, please make sure the content of your resume is true, correct and complete
- Streams Tech reserves the right to make or change decisions about and terms and conditions of this circular at any time without any prior notice.
Please send us your latest resume with a cover letter and detailed work experience to the following email address
Email to: email@example.com
Email subject: Mid-level WordPress/PHP Developer_ST
Or you can apply using the form below.